6th Grade Weekly Update
No spelling test or vocabulary test due to the shortened week.
Harris and Me final test will be Tuesday or Wednesday following the completion of the novel. Please use the study guide to help you prepare for that test. All questions will be short answer.
Save the Dates:
Monday, October 31 2:45pm Elementary Parade of Costumes
Tuesday, November 1 End of 1st Quarter, 4:00pm Boys' Basketball - Northland Pines at Glidden,
4:00pm Girls' Basketball at Northland Pines - Dismiss Players at 1:45
Thursday, November 3 8:00am Book Fair, 8:00am Parent/Teacher Conferences,
12:30pm Book Fair, 12:30pm Parent/Teacher Conferences,
5:00pm Book Fair, 5:00pm Parent/Teacher Conferences
Friday, November 4 Boys STEM Day, 5:30am STEM for 8th Grade Boys at Stevens Point,
8:00am Book Fair
8:00am Parent/Teacher Conferences
Harris and Me Study Guide
1. The narrator of this story is ____________________.
2. Harris has a bad habit that get a reaction from his sister, Glennis. What is it and what happens?
3. Gary needed to have a place to live during the summer month. Why and where would he go?
4. Gary’s parents drank too much. What were the phases he wrote about to describe how his parents behaved?
5. Who was Louie? What did he do on the farm? What the boys sell him and why?
6. What were the games that the boys played that summer and what animals were involved with these games?
7. Two farm animals attacked the Gary. Who were they and what did they do?
8. When the boys were left alone on the farm they had many adventures that lead to trouble. What were they?
9. What chores needed to be done on the farm? Who did these chores?
10. What do horses and pigs do when they are jumped on by falling objects.
11. List the animals on the farm with their names.
Example: Minnie - Pig
12. How does Gary feel about being on the farm? Who does he build a fun relationship with that summer?
13. Several characters suffered injuries. Who was hurt and what happened to them?